Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Editor send issue

I am having difficult moving to mastercam X and communicating with a Fanuc 0m. It says that the port is currently in use (port 4), but only my port 3 is being used. I am using a USB to DB25 converter. It used to use a DB9-DB25 on the old computer, but this computer doesnt' have a seriel port. Am I just putting in the wrong configuration settings?

If you are on Maintenance, the grab the MR2 update, if you are not the grab the SP1/MR1 update. Without maintenance you will not be able to run the MR2 update.

yah I purchased the product March of this year, and I have a year maintanance so I think I am covered. The MR2 update should fix the com port error I am getthing though? the problem is I am trying to set alot of communications settings from the really old software, baud rate, pairty data bits, stop bits, xon/xoff/ etc. and I don't know if those are whats messing it up.

I cannot say for certain that the problem you are experiencing is the same problem that was addressed but it sure sounds like that same issue.

If you are unsure of your machine settings then updating can only help as it will remove THAT issue as a possibilty.

What kind of machine are you trying to commuinicate with?

RS-232C for 0T/0M

Setting Parameter(Setting 1).

* TVON=0

* ISO =1

* I/O =1 (I/O should be set to '2' to use Bus type FANUC original Tape Reader)

Change the following parameters

* #012 Bit 7=0, Bit 2=0, Bit 0=0('1' for 2 stop bits)

* #553 9 for 2400BPS, 10 for 4800BPS, 11 for 9600BPS.

* #019 Bit 6=0 (No termination by M2,M30,M99. wait for % sign, Available on B/C)

* #070 Bit 7=1 (LF insted of LF/CR/CR, Available C only, Not published)

If you must use I/O =0 (It's reserved for FANUC serial tape reader), Use #2 and #552 insted of #12 and #553.

Related Parameters

* #10 Bit 4 to '0' Macro Unlock

* #15 Bit 6 to '1' Over write existing programs

* #18 Bit 6 to '0' No TV check in comments

* #40 Bit 0 to '0' Show comments in program directory

* #40 bit 4 to '1' Directory listing in alphabetic order

now that I downloaded the update I get a different error message that says "no matching port was found. check to make sure the specified port exists or is enabled on the PC" on the mastercam editor. On the actual fanuc machine I get error message 086 "when entering data in the memory by using reader/puncher interface, the ready singal (DR) of reader/puncher was turned off." I don't think it is my usb to Serial DB25 convereter, I think it is a setting inside the editor.

I cahnged the editor configuration the best I could to what it was before and to what MMT-USA specified, but I couldn't find everything written.