Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

usb hasp

kyle

Hello everyone. I have been looking at this forum for quite some time and finally decided to become a member because of all the great help I have seen on here. I do have a question, possibly for cadcam,my father has 1 seat of mill8 but two computers and is wondering if he gets the usb hasp key can he go from one computer to another, the reason for this is his main computer is in his office, and he would like to be able to use mastercam in his shop without purchasing another seat of mastercam. Is this possible? Also, his main computer is running windows nt 4.0 sp6 and his shop is windows 98, I know that windows nt has limited usb support so is this even an option. I would greatly appreciate any info. Thank you.

Kyle,

As you probably know I run a USB key so I can move it from computer to computer.

I put a USB hub in the extra floppy space so they are right in front.

You can run it on NT-4 with drivers for it.

I run Win2K that is NT on all but one system that is XP Pro that is NT too.

And the key works on them all.

To make it easy to move around this key works great, it fits on my key chain.

Hope this helps with your thoughts.

Thanks again cadcam. I would greatly appreciate it if you or Jmaynard could tell me where else I could get the drivers needed or cam we get them from mastercam directly? Thanks again, you guys have been great!

[ Webmaster: Comments making reference to the Mastercam distribution channel removed. ]

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Webmaster ]