Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Working with Solids...

Kyle Waters

if your reference points can be rotated (created) before tilting, you could then select them and create new wcs for each one. then tilt individually. ???

edit: if your pocket geometry can be rotated from a conventional positioning(leftside wcs/top view in this case.), then you could just repeat the process you used to create the 'pocket' wcs however many times you need to.

if this is the case, then the geometry rotation would be a transform/rotate function, around the origin while 'leftside' wcs is active.

[ 06-27-2006, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: bellyup ]

I keep messing up. I want to take the part, and from the front view rotate the part -49.093 degrees about the -Y- axis (c-plane and WCS set to TOP). Then after the initial rotation, if you were looking at the right side face, I want to then rotate the entire part clockwise 130.062 degrees around what would be the -Z- axis. After that I want to set my construction plane to the Top, but move my zero point to the intersection of the curve at -Y0- on the tilted rotated part.

so maybe its just the wcs stuff thats messin with you? if so, why not transform the part itself, since it sounds like you know exactly what you want. just do it one step at a time.

so you could transform it and do a 'save as'. then transform it again and do another 'save as'. etc. till you have all the positions as complete files. maybe not the most efficient way, but if it works, thats ok.