Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 Axis Post

Greg Williams

I have a problem with my MPFAN 4 axis post,My Machine requires an M11 code to unclamp the B axis before it can be rotated and an M10 code after to clamp it again. All is fine when there is a tool change involved as I have added these commands to the post, My problem comes when there is a null tool change, I cant seem to work out where the post finds the rotation command (I have used the t/plane for the rotation). I have tried forcing the command in but it allways is in the wrong spot. I can always edit the program but this gets a little painfull after a while

Thanks in advance

Greg

The difficulty with answering a question like this is that there are so many variables in how your post could be configured. It is a programming lanquage and therefor subject to the logic of whoever wrote it or modified it. If you are using a standard post like MPFAN then you have a common ground to begin with, but still once it has been modified anything goes and so there is really no way to answer this question accurately without actually looking at your .pst file to see how the postblock logic is set up.

Here's my advice for anyone who is looking for post help on the forum. Show the content of the postblocks in question in your forum posting or put a copy of your .pst file on the ftp site.

The more specific you can be the more specific the feedback will be.

Hope this helps.

wink.gif

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: postman ]