Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

best way to dnc

malibu

• 2 weeks later...

The simple solution, add more communication ports to your PC. 4 CNCs, get 4 available comm ports.

We have a PCI card that can go inside your PC, it adds 2 serial comm ports, DB9. Place two of these cards in your PC, you now have 4 comm ports. Cost = $100 total.

Mastercam has built-in DNC Softare depending on the version, it maybe Cimco or their own. Any of them works, but make sure you can configure 4 comm ports.

We sell Predator DNC, it works like all the rest but the support and solutions down the road is what makes the difference. Plus, it is made in the U.S.A.!

I prefer using a single buffer / slave / dnc computer for each CNC machine (I know some guys still using 486DX pc's daily, you don't need much of a computer or any fancy software for such a simple task), having them networked, posting to them over the network, and using Mastercam's mcomm.exe from the command line for communications. I've got an old copy of Autoplot around that has come in handy on occasion too.

The only thing better than that AFAIC, are Fanuc controls with data servers.