Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe right spindle

MasterCAM Rulez

Hi everybody

I'm a new user to this mastercam forum.

Can someone show how to me program the part on right spindle. After I finished machining the part on the left spindle i want the right spindle come and the chuck part and machining it on the right spindle. For example the part is 1.5 Dia X 3.000 long.

1. Do i need draw to another starting point(Z0 or

Z-3. axis )

2. Does anybody understand what I'm just wrote i dont know how to put it in word?

3. Any help would apreciated.

I'm using Mcam v8.1

Thanx in advance : eek.gif

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: MasterCAM Rulez ]

Hello Sir. What type of machine are you programming? Is your Z+ towards the right spindle or away from the right spindle when you machine your part? I would imagine that you use another work coordinate (work shift) for the right spindle. You could take your drawing and move your Z zero to the other end of your part. Then all the Z's to the right would be positive numbers. XFORM/TRANSLATE/ALL/ENTITIES/DONE/BETWEEN POINTS/PICK THE POINT YOU WANT TO BE X0,Z0/TYPE XO,ZO/ENTER/CHOOSE MOVE/1 STEP/O.K.

If you want the numbers to be negative just rotate your part 180. degrees and then xform/translate your x0z0

xform/rotate/all/entities/done/origin/move 1step 180. o.k

I hope this helps a little. Where are you from in Germany? I was there for a while. It is a very beautiful country. Rick

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Ricky Williams ]

Hello WILLIAM,

what you tell me, i did it. But what i want it

the "right spindle" come Z-1. and chuck the part from the left spindle,the cutoff come in finish the length at 3.015 (leave stock .015 for finish) , then the right spindle pull go back home after the cutoff done.then i finished the lenght at 3.000, and i do all drilling etc. from that face.

could it be done mastercam?

I'm making any sense ? :-(

I'm from Berlin.

Thank you Mr. william for taken time to reply my post.

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: MasterCAM Rulez ]

It can be done with a post written for that machine,theres no pickoff cycles and sync`ing in v8,v9 has pickoffs and some other LONG needed cycles you will appreciate for now though i would consult your dealer about a post to sync up the spindles and pick the parts off,also i wouldnt transfer the geometry all over the screen,use you level manager and named views and set a new toolplane zero for the transferred part