Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis help

bhayden10

Good Morning,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me get started in the right direction on programming this part. I have only been to school for the basics so far and I havn't had the chance to do any true 4th axis milling or worked with surfaces very much. I put it in the mcx folder, its called auger. I've tried several different ways but not getting the right results so far and really not sure what the best process would be. My reseller is busy until this afternoon and I was hoping I could get a head start on figuring this out. I have a 4th axis haas vf6.

Thanks

This looks like a lead/lag job. You have to modify the normals on all surfaces (they face inwards). Use 5-axis flowline, with lead/lag, and the 4-axis option. The bead (the auger flight) will gouge on one side with the lead/lag, so you would have to split the surfaces, and do half rotating CW, and the other half CCW. The conical surface would have to be remade. First untrim the bead and fillets. Create edge curves of the UNTRIMMED fillets. Unroll them. Square up the ends so they have the same Y and roll them up again. This is so the 'rulings' are in the X direction. Split the surface and machine it. I'll send a part if I get it done first.