Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post for Heidenhien 426

Kerry

i am running a Heidenhien 426 horixontal borring mill....lol just a working slob.

anyways the guy who ran it before me screwed up the post for the machine..and i was wondering if some one might have a good post compatable with this thing? most of the people in the company don't know anything about their own cad system..hehe

right now the canned cycles don't output properly

and i'm doing alot of manual editing on the machine..and the rotary axis doesn't seem to be workjing in the post as well

even if it was a post for a vertical model, i think it would probably work better than what i have to use now..

any help here would be kindly apreciated..

their using master cam 8.11 biggrin.gif

p.s. last copy i used before this was 7.2

nice improvements on 8..well done Mastercam

yes neither is quite right..

the machine is newer..and the hiedenhein one outputs tool info and stuff like the way the older machine controls do..with tool lenths and stuff all internall..while this has a tool changer and tool settings much like fanuc machines..

forget what the other ones prob was..but simillar i think..

i've beent rying to edit one of them..but having troubles with the cycles outputs..and am constantly remaking the actual cycles on machine..

paramaters seem to get missing and stuff..i'm npot an expert with the post editing..just do the huint and peck thing..and re-edit till it seems to work

aperantly the guy before me was a real jerk..lol

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Kerry ]

metric? all i have to do is convert it? lol

doesn't sound too bad..the tool change i got worked out now in the other..wonder if i'm up to combining posts..hehe

thanks will give er a shot..the tool change is pretty easy..you have a tool define line (i imagine)..to at 2 more lines to initial line and the tool change should work..i think...