Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X toolbars all stacked vertical??

wildcat99

I've seen this, but it usually happens when I have resized my entire X window in the previous session I ran. The next time it starts it can use the same layout.

Go to Settings, Toolbar States. You need to make one of the toolbar options your default layout by selecting it and then clicking in the checkbox called "default".

If you are not sure which layout you were using, just highlight one of them and press Load in the middle of the box, that will show you the button layout.

if your window was maximized and you "restore down" it will change your toolbars to fit. a way around this is to set your mcx window to "restore down" and pull out the sides till it looks maximized. then arrange and save your toolbars and exit mastercam when you reopen it will be at that position.

Get your toolbars where you want them, and then go to toolbar states and save as a new name, or over one of the existing ones and make it default. Then if your bars get messed up, all you have to do is go to toolbar states and double click to move them back to where you want them.

Thanks, I put them back and saved a new toolbar state so I can always go back and load that if I need to.

No one else uses this computer, so it must have been something I did. I see what you mean about changing the window size. If the sides are pulled in, toolbars stack up vertical, but don't go back to where they were. I must have resized sometime before shutting down yesterday.

Thanks for your help!