Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X Mr2- buffer overun Error

gonefishing6

rename your C:McamXconfigmcamx.config and C:McamX-MR2configmcamxm.config files and try restarting. this will make default config automatically. If that works open your renamed mcamx.config or mcamxm.config and look for long file paths. erase (or change them to short file paths) them and try again

Corrupt config files are a known problem. One which caused several of my thinning hairs to fall out. banghead.gif If the solution ajmer presented you works, there are a couple of things to keep in mind when running X.

1. Only edit your configuration files when Mastercam is first started. If you want to change something after working on a project, save your project, exit and re-start Mastercam, then make your changes.

2. If you have a lot of changes in your configuration, I'd recommend what some other people as well as I have done. That is, once the changes are where you want them, make a backup copy of your configuration file... just in case. That way if the file gets corrupt, you don't have to start from scratch. wink.gif

This work around has worked well for me and I have seen those pesky errors go away since I started doing changes that way. YMMV

Hope that wasn't too long winded and helped some.

Rick