Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR2 Issues

ViperCNC

I have tried twice now to install mr2; the first time it did a side by side install and when i opened it none of my settings or post or any of the previous stuff i had was converted over to mr2, so now i did a uninstall and then reinstalled it with the option of getting rid of mr1. but once again nothing came over and i tried the backup file trick and the only back up file that worked was where my button icons where placed.

So im wondering now that mr1 is gone do i just start over since my control defs machine defs and post and everything is all messed up or what...

if you can shed light on this im listening

ViperCNC

my retailer told me which files to cpoy and save into a backup folder and those are the ones i am trying to use but X just errors out and wont use them. the only one i have gotten to work is the tool bar state one, but it wont save it as a default so i have to load that file everytime i start up X. and now my alt+ keys are different too, so i am pretty much starting over trying to get it back to where i had it, thanks mastercam for wasting my day.

Do a system restore to a previous day that has your MR1 like it was. Then do a stand alone install of MR2. Make sure to look in your c:/ drive after the restore and if you have a MCAM X MR2 folder delete it before you try to do the new install of MR2.

I had to do this after updating one of our training computers and having trouble with it.

i didnt try the system restore i spent 8 hours yestarday reconfiguring mr2, when i opened a new file and let it pick the machine def it came up with some of my orginal settings but i still had to go in and change little stuff like turn the coolant on so i dont have to do that every time i start a new operation. for some reason i still cant get my toolbar and key mapping to stay the way i placed them. i have the mtb file from mr1 and when i go in and select it the go back but when i save it into the settings and reopen X it just goes back.

I didnt see the option to migrate when i installed mr2.

And i installed it where it wanted to be installed, where ever the default names place it.

Think im just going to have to call the retailer and have them walk me thru it.