Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th Axis Positioning Question

C. Gilson

I'm fairly new to this forum, I did a search on my question, I didn't find the exact topic, but forgive me if it has alread been discussed.

I'm doing a simple program where I'm milling on the top, front, bottom and back side. I got the program done and the backplot looks fine. I post it out for our Siemens control and what should be a 90 deg. rotate post out to a 270 deg. I post the exact program to our Fanuc control and the rotates are correct. confused.gif

The Fanuc post has this line of code in it:

rot_ccw_pos : 1 #Axis signed dir, 0 = CW positive, 1 = CCW positive.

Do I need to add something like this into the Siemnens post or is there another way to change this. Thanks for any help. smile.gif

Changing the direction in the MD is not going to have an effect unless you are using a new X post that reads those parameters.

You may want to let your reseller have a look at your post if it doesn't have the rot_ccw_pos initialization. I am guessing that this is an older post that is not based off of MPFAN (which a lot of the 4-axis posts including MPMaster are based off of). They should be able to make whatever modifications are required for you.