Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hurco and MasterCam

beaver

Do any of you use MasterCam on Hurco machines. We have two 9 year old VMC with UltiMax control and would like to start using some type of Cam system. Is there a post procesor fot this type of machines.The machines have conversational sofware which is really easy to use in 2D and five times faster than MasterCam , but 3D is very limited. I ran MusterCam v5 and v6 for few years in a different shop , but never with Hurco machines.Any info would be helpfull.Thanks in advance.

Chris

[This message has been edited by beaver (edited 10-04-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

I currently run matercam with a BMC 50 that is about 4 years old. I have no problem posting to it or running the programs, although I cannot get a good finish in 3d. The machine tends to hesitate alot leaving small nicks all over. Another thing is that I found is that the G-Code on the Hurco Machines is very limited. There are only about 10 codes the machine will handle.