Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS work offsets

steve f

I've recently purchased a Haas mill without the probing and custom macro option. All fixtures, vises, etc will be located on a fixture plate using Jergen's ball-lock so I need a method of pre-setting work offsets.

Is it possible to write values from the program header directly to the work offset tables without the custom macro option?

All help appreciated.

cheers,

steve

steve

the answere is absolutely yes:

example

O1001(XYZ ZERO)

G90G40G0G54G17G80

G10L2P1X-0Y-0Z-0

G54

M99

O1002(XYZ ZERO)

G90G40G0G55G17G80

G10L2P2X-0Y-0Z-0

G55

M99

O1003(XYZ ZERO)

G90G40G0G56G17G80

G10L2P3X-0Y-0Z-0

G56

M99

O1004(XYZ ZERO)

G90G40G0G57G17G80

G10L2P4X-0Y-0Z-0

G57

you can even include in the main program header if you prefer. we just use an m98p100? to call ours.

good luck with your haas. dont know for sure but thought custom macro was standard? could very well be wrong, bought mine used and dont know what they origanally paid for.

Doug

g10 is the way to write workshift info into the program, your haas manual has some examples for you. I don't have any experience with jergen's ball lock system but I"ll bet a tooling ball would do the trick.

Peter Martin

mcam 3... - x mr2 - mill level 3

Senior Programmer/Milling Supervisor

Preci Mfg.

400 Weaver St. Winooski VT 05468

PH# 802-655-2487 ext. 231

email [email protected]

DUGCYN from your post...

quote:

example

O1001(XYZ ZERO)

G90G40G0G54G17G80

G10L2P1X-0Y-0Z-0

G54

M99

...what does L2P1 represent on the third line of code? Can I command values from machine zero in XYZ on the third line as well.

My goal is to set work offset values for any possible location within the working zone so locating the stock manually is completely eliminated. As an example I'd like the setup guy to lock the vise at location A1, run the program and make small adjustments only if necessary.

I like your method of using sub-routines...keeps it simple.