Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TrueShape Nesting

mowens

I have a temporary code to evaluate TrueShape nesting, but I'm not having much luck getting it to work. I have the option clicked for minimum tool changes, but it is not having the desired effect. It is still running each part completely before moving to the next instead of breaking the program by tool change. Also, each nest is going to have at least 2 programs attached to it. It will go on the machine for the initial operation, be taken off for edgefill installation, then back on the machine for final trim. How can I do this without having to nest the parts twice? Needless to say, the nest has to be exactly the same for each operation. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In this case I would use trueshape nesting to get my geometery where I wanted it and then apply toolpaths as needed. I have never nested the toolpaths since that option did not work in V9. It is too large of a gamble to expect them to nest exactly the same twice in a row for a second op. Use original nested geometery for both ops.

EDIT: Sorry for sounding redundant...allergy meds are making it hard to focus and keep my eyes openzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The problem I'm having is that management are wanting to build a library of the individual parts and tool paths so we can just pull them out of the library and nest. Right now we have them stored in nests we created manually by aircraft cabinet. This makes it difficult to track the individual parts. We are getting a new computer system that won't be able to handle our current method, so they want to do it this way. I'm sure they won't accept creating toolpaths everytime we nest. Also, nesting by geometry does not allow for lead-in and lead-out. I agree your way is best, I just don't know if I can convince the powers that be. They've spent 30 million dollars on this new system so I'm going to have to make it work one way or another.

Repetative redundancy that repeats is the best way to pound something into my thick skull. biggrin.gif

I understand where you're coming from mowens. You can setup your nest to allow room for leadin/out. Just adjust your part to part distance to allow for it. I will tinker around with it a bit tonight and see if I can make it work the way you need it to. IMHO however, you will not be able to nest twice and be able to guarantee the output in order to do a 2nd op on these parts.

Is this available for X? That was a strategy I was considering; assigning geometry to specific layers, pulling operations out of a library and picking geometry by layer. Ihaven't found a loy of info on line, but what I've seen sounds like something we might use.