Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RS232C to Makino Fanuc 11M

Chiang Chin Hock

Hello, I have some problem sending program from the PC to a Makino m/c with Fanuc 11M controller. It can received program from m/c to PC. With the same setting (4800,Even,7,2) it was OK for others m/c . But, there is one strange thing. When I used my DELL notebook to link to the m/c. It is running fine for both send and received. I wonder is there any setting in a COM port . Till today, I had tested with 6 PCs and 3 notebook with different DNC software. But, none of it work except my DELL Pent II 300MHz notebook. Is there anyone there ever link to a Fanuc 11M controler? Thank You.

[This message has been edited by Chiang Chin Hock (edited 10-06-2000).]

• 1 year later...

try using windows telnet to get the file, first you will need to setup a telnet session to talk to CNC. most of the info you can get directly from mastercam or ur DNC software. the rest is playing wiht options in advanced telnet. Once you get telnet to talk see what is different in the two configurations it may be a COM setting. It may also be a difference in the way the COM port is setup in windows.

Yes, I had tried that before. I had also try to lower the receive and transfer buffer to the extreme low. But, with no help. The strange thing is that. I and the Engineer from Makino had used our Dell Laptop to test the DNC. And both work. It don't seem to work for others PCs even though all the setting are the same. The Makino Engineer had give up trying. Fanuc do not want to test the port with a PC. They only provide testing on thier reader.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Laptops are very handy in a shop environment. It alleviates the need for lost of wiring throught the shop and you can run the baud up to like 19200 and beyond with short run cables. I have a 486 that still runs Win95, it works very well for this type of application. I have Win95 and Cimco Edit on it, and some FTP software for Fanuc Dataserver communications. That's it. My cable is about 10 feet long and I get good transmission.

Suggest getting a Laptop and a rolling cart, then they can go to all the machines. They don't need a high dollar Wizbang 5000 to do communications. Just get a laptop that has 128MB RAM and you're in.

JM2C