Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DIN Spec for hydraulics?

rdshear

Hello,

I am working on a project which calls out a thread I am not familiar with. The drawings are for a hydraulic cylinder and packing gland. The threads between the two are what appear to be a modified buttress thread.

The spec called out is " S800 x 24 x 45deg DIN 2781"

I was wondering if anyone has the specifications for this thread?

All I have been able to find so far is this is a buttress type thread with a 45deg back side and 0 degree pressure side. I assume the 800 is the thread diameter and the 24 is the pitch in mm. What I don't know is the depth of thread, radius at the root, standard clearances ect.

The only downloadable information I could find was in German and I don't want to purchase that... being that I only speak English wink.gif

I found translated versions in the UK to purchase but they are only in printed format and since I am in the USA, I need the information sooner than they could be sent to me.

We are going to thread mill this job.

Thank you for any help you could provide,

Rick

Leandro,

If you are still out there, it seems that the d=D callout on the diagram would indicate a zero clearance situation. Are there allowable tolerances on the dimensions (or assumed tolerances)? I cannot find anything about tolerances on the specification.

Thanks again,

Rick