Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Nesting ??

another newbie

Ok, Need to cut to the chase. We use Mastercam and do a lot of toolpath nesting. Problem I see (from 20+ years of programming) is that we have a NUMBER of same part being used in multiple cabinets. Yes, we make cabinets. I love job security but it seems silly to me to hire ANOTHER programmer when I think this problem can actualy be solved programtically (chook maybe)

Here is my thought (but I don't have first clue to write chook)

A script that asks what cabinet or list of cabinets to make.

Program opens folder that contains all the separate pieces (already toolpathed) and merges them into nesting process.

Program continues until it finished list and then the sheets are created in the toolpath nesting. (return is then controlled to me to go back etc)

I know this is complicated but I know I can write it in a shellscript or in C but just to new at this to attempt.

Has this already been done??

thanks in advance !!!

Please no flames!!!

Hello,

Mastercam has an option called ATP (automatic toolpath programming) that is already available from your Mastercam reseller. I'm not sure of the cost (it is an add-on that you have to pay for), but many cabinet shops already use this software. It does exactly what you are looking for. Batch processing of different cabinet orders.

HTH,

Colin Gilchrist

The Boeing Company

MR2 and now ???