Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

twin monitor issue

MattW

OK, IT around here recently implemented an automatic workstation locking system, which is probably a sound security measure. The problem is, after unlocking, Mastercam, previously stretched across 1-1/2 monitors, is reduced to 1 monitor, and the toolbars are rearranged. Dragging it back to the previous position does not put the toolbars back, so they have to be dragged individually to their prior position. This is an irritating nuisance.

This happens in Solidworks as well, but the Solidworks toolbars will return to their previous positions. And just to really confound the situation, of the 5 engineers here, this is happening to 4 of us, and isn't happening to 1.

So, the question is, does anyone know how to 1) fix this so that applications covering more than 1 monitor return to their previous state, and/or 2) set Mastercam so at least the toolbars go back where they were after resizing?

The office computers are running Nvidia Quadro FX3400 cards, with various driver levels (I am running the current Solidworks blessed driver). The shop computer with both Solidworks and Mastercam is running an Nvidia Quadro FX500 card.

I am guessing there is some setting buried somewhere to fix this, but I've stumbled around in the dark long enough with no real clue what I am looking for. Any help appreciated.

TIA

I have the same card as you and run the standard Quadro drivers. If I save the MCX when its a screen and a half across it opens there next time. Do you use any of the nView settings? They give you all sorts of control. Just enable them in the advanced settings of your video drivers.

Of course your toolbars move. When the screen opens on one monitor there isn't room for toolbars that fit 1 1/2 screens. If you have a toolbar state set and you get it to open at 1 1/2 screens, they should be in place.

[ 10-18-2006, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: bogusmill ]

I also split mc across 1 1/2 monitors and have this issue everytime I open it. I did pretty much what bogusmill said and once everything was where I wanted it, I created a new toolbar state. Then everytime I position my screen the way I like it, I just load this state. Works good and only takes a couple of seconds.

HTH,

Rick

The issue wasn't with opening, MC would open the way it was when it was closed. It occurs when unlocking the computer.

So.... saving a toolbar state is helping (a lot) with the toolbar issue, so thanks for that suggestion. I have now fumbled around with the resizing with no result that my strategy has switched to making IT share my irritation and make them figure it out. I'll share if we ever find a fix.

Thanks again.