Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moving EZ Mill data to Mastercam

Tom Anderson

We have some legacy parts (100s of part) that were programmed in EZ Mill (v8.1? I think). Now we need to move the work to another facility where no one knows EZ Mill. In the short term, we would like to move this data to Mastercam so we can make revision changes, program improvements, print setup screen shots, etc. In the long run we would like to move it all over to Mastercam so we don't have to deal with this problem ever again.

Does anyone know what we can get out of EZ Mill and how? IGES, SAT, DXF . . . . ? I have heard that EZ MIll was changed to Feature Mill. Can we do something like EZ Mill > Feature Mill > IGES > Mastercam?

DXF, DWG or IGS all work about the same. If your EZ file has text, I found DXF or DWG to work better than IGS. You will loose your toolpaths in the conversion and will have duplicate entities anywhere a contour toolpath was chained in EZ. I found it easier to delete the toolpaths before converting in order to void the duplicate geometry problem.