Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9 matching T# H# &D#

Michael Sullivan

John,

quote:

See Kannon

What?!! eek.gif Head number is only if you have more than one spindle on the machine.

Michael.Su

Slepydremr is right on the money with his reply. It sucks to go that deep in the Configuration but that's where it is. Beyond that, update to X and it's much easier to access and change. cheers.gif

Kannon and I were having a discuusion via email, he made the comment that with X2 out now we were in a different place than he was. I said there were still plenty of questions being asked about V9.

My response was simply pointing that out to him

wink.gif

quote:

What?!! Head number is only if you have more than one spindle on the machine.

did he ever say he didnt? rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

actually thing with JP for those who did not know and you wouldnt have I was blocked from the forum from the company firewall today and I was trying my damndest for a bypass. JP gave me info from Jack Neelands to be able to get back on.

Thank you both.

as far as the "see Kannon" that stemed from me telling JP that its tough to hang in the main forum because not many have questions dealing with 9 anymore.

glad to see you got the info you needed Michael cheers.gif

What, thats the first V9 question I've seen sence X2 came out? I guess when Mastercam no longer supports V9 this will be the place to go. I just wish that owners could see the great things that X can do. I feel X is so much better once you take the time to setup everything. I would be slow and almost lost if I had to go back to V9, seeing thats its not even on my comp anymore.

quote:

What, thats the first V9 question I've seen sence X2 came out? I guess when Mastercam no longer supports V9 this will be the place to go. I just wish that owners could see the great things that X can do.

and.. I am guessing that as long as those starting topics for version X puts the X icon in front of it, then it shouldnt waste the time of those who dont want to deal with the questions from versions 9 and earlier .

I am not disagreeing that X is great and my work wouldnt be much easier with X. Its just in my job area and the size of the company and who makes the decisions...its not my choice, and if it was, I would have jumped to X,X2 in a heartbeat.

I still go back to the V9 posts and earlier all the time ...and probably will untill they kick me off here ...lol......I figure these ppl have Mastercam whatever version and need help!

I think that was the reason for this forum to begin with and I know there are others that feel the same way.

Besides this old dog can still learn some new tricks from the yungins as well

So Kannon...when the Boss is in need of a new machine and he wants you to step up to the plate

just tell him you need to upgrade the old tools as they are getting worn and the interface between old software and new machine just wont make it;)