Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x2 igs rotate

mrmead

sorry it took so long to respond i put 1 of the files on the ftp,(in the solids folder rotateme.mcx) when i rotate it i get the inside rads corupted they dont meet the angled walls ,also when i try to create a solid from these surface it gives me the message that there are serius faults in my solid . we still have a version of mr2 on one of our systems and it rotated the file with out a problem , headscratch.gif

once again sorry guys for not responding sooner i was in a hurry to start the weekend. smile.gif

OK - I'll take a look at it this morning...

---Edited---

Can you put the version of the MCX file AFTER the rotation up on the FTP site too? I don't see any problem with the fillets after rotating it. (but yes I do see the solids warning message after trying to stitch either the original or the rotated part)

[ 10-30-2006, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Pete Rimkus from CNC Software, Inc. ]

Update...

I tracked it down, and it IS limited to Xform (I think just Rotate and Mirror) of some trimmed surfaces made from Revolved, Loft, Draft, or Ruled (i.e. "Curve-generated") surfaces where arcs are used (Note that trimmed NURBs and Parametric Surfaces will not be a problem). Sometimes (and it might appear random) the arcs get flipped during the XForm process, causing an undesirable result.

It's been logged here as #24988.

There is a workaround...

If you see this happen, go back to the original and use Edit/ConvertToNurbs on the Trimmed Revolved (or Ruled, or whatever) Surfaces and then Xform them.

Sorry about the inconvenience. It'll be fixed for the first MR of X2.