Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

View quest

Rakesh

Hi everybody,

I have a confusion regarding the views and if you guys can help me.

I have part in top veiw with wcs top.

Due to orientation of the piece,I did plane by geom,select x and y axis and wcs still the top. I made the program but due to some reason I have to change the orientation again. Now I can not edit the same view (this what i think).Or I should create diff. view and with plane by geom again select the axis, than by edit all common parameter, change the plane of my exiting operations.

Now my question is when I select the plane by geom, should be the drg on screen be at wcs.c/tplane at top and than resect the view or it is ok from my previous view I can select again plane by geom

Any input will be appreciated

The key is that you choose PLANES / Geometry

then choose the two lines. You must pick a positive X then a positive Y. If you are picking say the back left corner of the part you only have Positive X and Negative Y. What I do is creat a rectangle of any size in that corner in a positive positve quadrant.I can then just force the rectangle to a different layer and turn it off. So to sum this up you probably have your view rotated 90 or -90 degrees. This is due to the fact that you chose something other than X+,Y+ anything but this will give you undesirable results.

I want to clear my point again here. For eg. I have a some part where wcs top, t/cplane view12.

Now I want change again orientation of the part,CAn I select by plane/geom, x&y axis from the view12or before I should do this, I have to bring the part in wcs top, tplane/cplane top