Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant occaisonally

bogusmill

bogusmill,

Go to operation manager, open the properties area click on files. in the files dialog click on ! next to the operation defaults, when the op defaults open, go to each operation and turn collant on.

Another way to save the coolant or any default for toolpath you would like to change. when you are in the toolpath itself change manually what you want to change, then go back to the toolpath parameter page of that toolpath right click in the area where the tool is listed and click save paremeters to defaults file should not have to change this again. This way is nice because you can save your defaults as you program. These are two different ways I use hope this helps.

Steve Arteman

Bogus,

It is probably a setting or variable that is not in your post. What machine are you posting too and what version of Mastercam was your post originally from? If it was a post that was updated from version 9 or earlier, you might want to consider creating a new post. There is a lot of new post functionality that was added for Mastercam X. If your post is based on an older verison, it could be missing a lot of the new logic. I highly recommend using a "native" X post and modifying it to your needs. It is well worth it in the long run. I have taken several posts from as far back as version 6 and tried updating them. It is pretty much a waste of time. I can actually take a generic X post and customize it much faster than updating an old post and trying to figure out all the problems...

HTH,

I am posting to a Haas VMC. It is a post updated since V8 I think. We had intended to do as you suggest when we started using MCX but it took little time to get the updated post working enough to use.

We don't have the X2 disc yet and our IT guys want to upgrade that way, not by a download. So I will probably wait until then and mod the new X2 post.