Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

downloading multiple programs from cnc to a pc

BigE

I need to retrieve the programs from 18 machines, with some containing close to 100 programs. I hooked up an old pc that had v8 on it and using the Cimco edit 4.10.13. I can download one at a time just fine but if I try to download them all at once it puts them in one file. Does anyone know how to save all the files so they are separate files on the pc? Hopefully there's a setting to do this.

Could you show me an example of L-get or M-get? When selecting all on our Haas mill it will write separate files using the O#### when saving back to the disk. In Cimco you have to input a file name and all the programs will be stacked inside that one file. Thank you all for the help.

Short note - BigE contacted us and asked if CIMCO Edit would support saving (receiving) multiple files with one punch op out of his CNC(s). The answer is no. CIMCO Edit saves individual files. If you do a Punch All op (supported by many types of controls) you get one large program - not something you really want until you are punching a main with subs.

FYI - The CIMCO solution to this problem is DNC-Max, which will allow you to save "all" as either one program (main/subs) or break them out as individual files. The latter is what what BigE was looking for. There are many options for file naming and sub support, but that's beyond the scope of this post. Hope this helps somebody.