Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solidworks configurations

specprogrammer

When I read in a .sldprt with multiple configurations, a dialog box opens and asks me to select which config I want. Not all of the configs are there. I did a search and someone said to go back to solidworks and rebuild and save all configs. Did that, no solution. Now when I read in I don't even get the "select config dialog box" it just reads in the last saved configuration. How do I get all of the configs?

Here's the way we operate. We have a mold designer running solidworks, the 64 version. He usually tries to get me all the electrodes first. I usually start programming those while he finalizes the rest of the mold. By the time I get the trodes programmed and ran he's ready with the rest of the mold. Then I go onto that. What we have discovered is that if he has that solidworks file open and I try to get the electrodes I can only read the current solidworks configuration. Even if all have been activated, rebuilt and saved. So not only does each config need to be successfully rebuilt and saved it must also be closed in solidworks to read it into MC.