Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Makino A77, Pro3, with custom "Makino side" question...

gti_jay

Alright, this is my machine;

Makino A77. Fanuc PRO3 control w/ custom makino frontside.

We use the tool detail function on the custom side to store all of our tool data. Then upon toolchange, we use the "M56 H1 D2" to transfer data from the custom side, to the "fanuc" side.

My question is this. How do I copy tool data in the opposite direction? i.e. If I enter data in the Fanuc tool offset screen, how can I update the custom side data?

Jay

Cascade,

My machines are in a cell, 3 A77's, 12 pallets.

I know it goes both ways...You command an "M53" and that put the machine in TOOL OFFSET DATA REGISTER MODE, then you can set the custom side data.

I am have trouble "finding" the data that exists in the fanuc side to update.

Does that make sense?

P.S. Are you a climber?

i use to climb all the time, rock, and alpine.

so do you use h1 d17 or?

I just had the makino guys here last week and they said the only way to update the tool data is from the cell control.

I beleive though in the m6 macro the m53 is built in so every time it tool changes i think it updates the cell control.

you are trying to get your info from the tool offset page (fanuc side) to the tool data page right?

offset 1 on the fanuc side is #10001

2 is #10002

3 is #10003

and so on...

but in order to write to the custum side you would need to enter the data without decimal points.

example:

M53

T1

S12345

S50

M37

Would put 1.2345 in offset 1 length column and .005 in the diameter column.

Cascade,

That is exactlly what I want to do. Get tool data into the custom side.

What do you mean "used to climb" eek.gif haha

Specv,

That is exactlly what I am looking to do. How can I specify;

M53

T1

S#10001

M37

The above code won't work right cause of the decimal place in #10001

Thats where I am having trouble...

are you talking about a renishaw tool pre setter

or a renishaw probe for measuring?

when I calibrate the renishaw probe for measuring we use the speronni tool presetter and then validate it with our gauge ring for x y and z

and adjust if needed in the makino side.

but i understand now what you are talking about.

I really dont think you can get the value from the fanuc side to the makino side atleast thats what they told us

oh here is something else we noticed.

do you have the botsoma?

if it alarms out due to chips built up on the tool

you have to go to alarm page and reset it but it has already tool changed to the next tool

when you restart at the next tool (the one it tool changed already) it does not have the right comps loaded in the fanuc side. it is like it doesnt update the comps due to the botsoma alarm

I had to do T0 M6 then restart at the M6 to get it to update again. Have you seen this?

Cascade,

I'm sorry...I can't help you with that.

I'm not familiar with that.

It might sound silly, But in the past we had an issue with program format..

T15M6;

M6T15;

T15;

M6;

All 3 of the above examples yield the same result IN THEORY...

However, we discovered that that placing the tool command and the M code on the same line DID NOT ALWAYS UPDATE THE FANUC SIDE. for reasons unknown, it didn't always work causing some severe crashes on proven work.

The ONLY format that works all the time is placing the code on 2 separate lines

T15;

M6;

Maybe this will help?

JAY

I suppose you could put the M53 in your calibration program to write to tool detail.

For tool change, all of our Makinos are programmed like this:

T1M6

And the M56 is in the tool change program. Never had it not get the tool offsets to the Fanuc side. With the probe, as soon as you read a M6, it should pull the new tool length over to the Fanuc side.

Now if you're calibrating in a part program, then you'll need the added M56 line to read the tool offset. Otherwise, you shouldn't have to. It's no different than someone setting a tool at the spindle on the tool detail, then not reading a M56 or changing the fanuc side.

Also, what cell controler are you using? The A2 system doesn't care about tool detail. But with B2 and A3, you might run into some issues if the cell control isn't updated for the ITN.