Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D MODEL / Prints/

I know this subject has been brought up before.

We do alot of work for a aerospace company who always want parts on the fly. We are given prelimary prints to quote from which when the model comes it a whole new story.

1. Print does not have all details . Usually shows holes sizes, few locations, Thickness, Width, and length.

These parts have a lot of detail. There note on the print says part to be machined from the model given.

We get these one style of parts which have alot of detail. I want to make sure I dont miss anything when I'm programming.

Couple of questions.

1- How do I make sure to check model versus the machine model that I did not miss anything.

2- It takes quite of bit of time to progam these parts when not interupted.Just seeing how would another person approach programming these parts .

Ideas and what you would use to create a program for this part.

Things that take a while for doing these

-Getting a outside profile.

-Creating geometry to stay within the boundarys.

-Not missing any details.

-Any input is greatly appreciated.

I have put the model up on the site Mastercam_forum/MC9_files/ACCURATE/

accurateplate.zip

Thanks

1, Number all the dimentions on your print.

2, Analyze your model one by one in accordance with numbers on your print. you get one dim analyzed, you highlight the dim on print.

3,Features are not dimensioned on your print means they are not required for inspected, just cut with the model. Anyhow you need to analyze small corner to select cutter.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Something I do when running Verify AFTER I'm happy with my toolpaths is to select the solid model as the stock then verify to the model. Purely visual but it helps. On the prelim I do the same thing as Chao. Number the print features and check against the model. If you run into a discrepancy between part and print call the customer and ask what is gospel (if it's not mentioned on the print that is).

JM2C