Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

analyze hanging up

Richard Bechard

Richard,

I don't quite understand this part of your post...

"...paste to the level number with analyze window..."

can you explain this in a little more detail?

Also, exactly how are you pasting the level names in? At what point (i.e. exactly when) do you first see the error message? What happens after that when you try to do anything else?

Pete,

I select the solid hit F4 to open analyze window

type in name then use ctrl c to copy the name.Then I click on level icon when it opens level manager I paste with ctrl v. Then I move on to next solid to name.It gives me the error when I click on the level icon.After I get the error message analyze window stays open and I can not close it or do anything else in mcam.

If I try to exit I get the exit current function message.

Richard,

One thing I'm seeing while trying to reproduce this is that if I use F4 to analyze the solid, type in the name, ctrl-c on it to copy it and then click on the level icon in the Analyze dialog, if I immediately hit ctrl-v (without clicking into any fields), I get the 'exit current function' message and find that clicking in the Analyze dialog does nothing. But... since the "Levels" selection dialog is still up, I can simply click into the name field and ctrl-v again and then close that dialog, which will bring me back to the Analyze dialog.

When the error happens to you, isn't the Levels dialog still available?

Colin,

yes I am saving it.

It seems like I can reproduce the hangup by opening a new file create cylinder solid then make another level active with level dialog invoked by ctrl z. Then create cylinder solid.select 1 of the solids hit F4 click on level icon and I get the error.

If I make new level in level box at bottom of screen it works ok.

-----

"...You must save the part as a Mastercam file before you manipulate it in any way..."

-----

Colin - why do you say that? Just for safety?

Richard - I'll keep trying...

--- Edited ----

OK - I can reproduce the case where the Analyze dialog doesn't go away. It involves more than just clicking on the levels icon (and for me the Levels dialog does come up). If I then click on the color icon (so now BOTH levels and colors dialogs are up) things can go weird.