Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NC Code for MasterCAM X

Hao

The problem is basically that I can't generate a working code for Denford CNC machines, the code I generated keeps giving me an error saying that the line is too long.

I tried breaking up the codes onto different lines but then I gave me an error saying that there's an error in the statement, like the line didn't make sense. Is it possible that if I use Mastercam to generate the code to another file format, the format of the code itself will change?

The link to the mastercam site for the free denford post works and I'm able to generate the NC code as well but I'm not quite sure about setting up Mastercam so that it is the same as the setup from the denford post.

The denford post I downloaded is already set up so it generates the working code but I'm not sure about setting it up for my own files. I already tried the files that came with the download but none of them worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

quote:

The problem is basically that I can't generate a working code for Denford CNC machines, the code I generated keeps giving me an error saying that the line is too long

Hao,

Sometimes in my work I get too busy to understand why an error occurs and come out with functional solution..... what I would do is get some actual working CNC codes with no error and compare with the one that comes out from Mastercam.... then I edit the post processor so that it will come out with CNC with almost the same format.

So, if find out the difference you can highlight in the forum here so that someone might be able to point where in the post should you make the changes to get the same CNC codes.