Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

v9 processing

RAJ

Hi Raj,

According to what I've heard so far , Yes it's faster. Especially when you change some variables such as prog number,feed, etc you don't have to regen whole op.

But I do not think or expect the decrease in calculation time of a new operation exceeds 10 percent. Actually I asked this from a friend and he told me the regen time of an scallop finish op changed from 52 sec(in V8.11 Level 3) to 48 sec (V9 Level 3).

Hope it helps

RAJ,

Any measurable decrease of processing time would depend entirely on the system's memory, processor power, and allocations you have specified within Mastercam. The first two are hardware considerations. Boosting your allocations within Mcam can have an affect on the processing time. Do not use up all of your system's memory on Mcam's allocations however. Resident software, such as the OS, utilizes some of that overall RAM on your system as well. It will be different for everyone but you want to get as powerful a system as possible, with as much memory as possible, then boost the allocations in Mcam, to process toolpaths quicker. There are earlier strings in this Forum which discuss the allocation settings in Mcam. HTH smile.gif