Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving Files in Lathe8

jenks

I am a stickler for saving files while working, but I sometimes don't pay close attention to the prompts. That is when the program decides to save in the C drive root directory instead of the file path I use as my default. I end up unknowingly working in 2 different places. Trying to find the file at another time in my default directory gets me a file that is usually not complete. This seems to happen after I have posted the file. Other than the obvious, that I pay more attention to the prompts, does anyone know what is causing my problem?

Oops, I believe I forgot to report that bug to CNC Software. I have seen the same problem a number of times, and I believe I have identified the cause of the problem.

If I have correctly identified the cause of the problem, the problen is, that the working directory (or working directories) is/are reset to the root of the working drive (the N: drive on the PC I use at the office), unless the directory and file names comply with the DOS 8.3 format.

Christian Raebild, from CIMCO Integration, the Danish Mastercam dealer.

PS: Will the administrators of this forum forward this message to Mastercam Support, or must I do that manually, when I get to work tomorrow?

[This message has been edited by craebild (edited 10-11-2000).]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've experienced the same problem a few of times. I thought it was a mistake I had inadvertantly made.

Guess not. I could not reproduce it so I thought it was me. Guess not.

James Meyette