Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mitsubishi 4 Axis Wire

edmBosto

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deeherk,

That's a nice setup you have for the I.D.

Reminds of the mit cnc sinkers with that code.

(just reminds me biggrin.gif )

This is where I'm at now...

When I set the taper Z I only set it for 2 degrees when I should have done also 7 and 14 or what the book suggested. I took a shortcut (now the scenic route) only doing 2Deg.

The guides are not good as I noticed burning another part. They are on order. That is part of my problem. I don't want to get into why the guides suck and there were no spare or good sides of it.

Until then....

Thank youy for all your replies and I'll get back to this soon.

Deeherk,

That's a nice setup you have for the I.D.

Reminds of the mit cnc sinkers with that code.

(just reminds me biggrin.gif )

This is where I'm at now...

When I set the taper Z I only set it for 2 degrees when I should have done also 7 and 14 or what the book suggested. I took a shortcut (now the scenic route) only doing 2Deg.

The guides are not good as I noticed burning another part. They are on order. That is part of my problem. I don't want to get into why the guides suck and there were no spare or good sides of it.

Until then....

Thank youy for all your replies and I'll get back to this soon.

edmBosto,

I agree with everyone that you properly want to wait doing more testing til you get your guides replaced, you also might want to run a simple program like the one I posted where you do not use all those variables and sub programs, that way you can determine if is a machine issue or NC code. Your Z3 and Z4 should be in the 0.300 range.

quote:

The Z3 (after doing a mach. Z taper at 2.500 from upper cup to table)

was within .0004 of the .814 height of block +

.015 Shim + .7000 H91=1.529 for Z3 setting

The actual Z3 when I ran the program was 1.5286.

This do not seems right, these numbers added up, I believe your 0.3000 range from your Ztaper calibration should be in there.

Keep us posted.

Lars

Update,

To all that have helped me on this;

I have just machined a good taper.

Checked it on a sine plate and the 1/4Deg. was

with in .0001 of the correct angle.

The Z3 constant is approx .287 so the .700 indicated large problems as it should be in the .300 range as Lars. stated!

The upper dia. guide was shot!!!

There is still more I need to learn, understand on this as the subprog. it calls up does a calculation based on my H66, and H67 values. It then changes my Z1 setting automatically.

All I know on this is that it works correctly now and thanks to you all for the great info you gave me. cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif