Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

c axis milling

Philcott

Hi,

When I program our Mori Seiki mill/turn machine to mill a face contour (such as a hex) the machine requires that the polar notching cycle(G112) be started with the "c" axis at C0.0 and also does not allow positioning moves (G00). My

question is how to create lead in moves that will start at C0.0?

I will put a file (hextest.mc8)on the BB to give a visual. The red lines are the approximate path I would like to have the cutter follow.

Thanks,

Phil

On the Hitachi Mill turn We Have, I set C0 at 3 O'clock from the side View in Mastercam.

Start your chains from there and it should cure the issues involved.

I do not know the post you are using,but make sure

it is set to Polar Coordinates.

Lead in and lead out just as you would if you are milling.

CNC Software recommends drawing in the lead-ins just as Millturn has suggested - it's covered in the notes at the top of Mplfan.pst. I believe some machines are unable to move in the tool axis while the cycle is on. On Mazaks like the mill/turn Integrex machine, motion in the tool axis is acceptable. In my post for these machines, I force out a C0 move before calling the cycle, and then output all coordinates in the correct format for the cycle - including the rapid positioning move.