Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to make 3D view for my drawing?

CGLegacy

hi...

newbie here... very noob that is...

i have a small project using mastercam 8...

i already drew part of the top view and all the front view... the problem is... when i go to isometric view... the front view shows like a thin paper in the middle of the top view....

how to i stretch the front view so that it will look 3D??? i know its kinda hard to imagine or understand what im saying without any pictures.... how to upload a picture in this forum???

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

If you're using wireframe (which you are), you'll have to build it up in 3D yourself, using construction planes, Z construction depth, etc. This is one of the tasks that I have my trainees do as we get into creating 3D wireframe.

If you create a solid, you can Create-Curve-All edges.

Thad

No you can transform the "front" view you have drawn by changing to the front construction plane and xform translating the desired wire frame from the current location to the new z values of the front and back of your part. The options are copy, move, and join. Join copies your selected geometry and creates vector lines at all of your endpoints between your new and old geometry. Makes sure when you draw in the future that when you set your "Z" values at the end of the areas you want to draw on when you change your construction plane.

One very helpful thing you can do is to open up your viewports and then whatever port you work in will automatically change your construction plane and this will update all of your other ports real time. You can actually see what is happening without rotating your part around. I reccomend this to new people so that they will understand how the constructions take place in MC. I would never do that after you have a handle on z depths and construction planes verse view planes. HTH

To up load a picture you need to find a site that will host it for you so that it remains here on the forum ...I use photobucket as well as alot of others on here

1. you will need to register and they will give you an account

2. To load a picture ----hit print screen on your keyboard

3. open up MS paint on you puter and click your mouse on the screen - then hit control V

4. you can add notes to the piture at this point with arrows and squiggly lines to better explain what you are trying to achieve here

5. Save the file as a jpeg or Bitmat...you will find that Jpegs are smaller in kb size and faster to load

6. Load the picture from the photobucket website to your folder and it will refresh itself once your picture is loaded on there.

7. From the photobucket weside you will find 3 files extensions at the bottom of your picture

copy the bottom one that says jpeg with all the characters in it ....and paste it into the reply form for Mastercam ...it should look somthing like

>hope that helps  [img]wink.gif