Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G54 to G55 etc.

mcpgmr

I am making some parts on our Haas VF4 and only one of my post's (Milltronics) seemes to support changing Work Offsets via "0" or "1" in T/C Plane button in V9.1. I can usually fix this stuff myself by comparing the post's but I don't have time. Can someone point me in the right direction. Not sure why this isn't working because all of my post's are based on the generic mpfan. I can probably get away with using the Milltronics post for the Haas for now but I'd like to get it fixed up because all my post's are unique to the specific machine in some way or another. Thanks in advance! smile.gif

Miscellaneous Integer 1 needs to be set to "2" in order for the work offsets to output properly. I hardcode this in all of my mill posts because I always want it that way. If this is set and the Work Offset box is checked in your op and set to "1" you should get a G55 in your code when using MPHAAS or MPFAN

Thanks Phil and Chris. I just realized what I was doing wrong. I actually don't use this function hardly at all and forgot to select the point from where I want the work offset to be calculated from. The Milltronics post will still output G54, G55 etc. anyway but the program is still being posted out in absolute from the original WCS and is wrong. Got it now! Thanks again! cheers.gif

imsicap-3.gif

P.S. Phil is that position still open? I sent my resume to Fred on friday but he may not have checked his e-mail since it was his last day. I'd be interested in talking to with you about it.

Paul,

i don't know if Fred passed the email up the ladder as it were. please resend to me and i'll make sure our manager gets it. my number here is

215-256-9521 ext 1569

call when you get a chance, i am being trained on a Prototrak lathe today. ( conversational programming at the machine, how quaint!!)

leave a message if you don't get me and i'll return your call