Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Gview - Dynamic request

BernieT

When I am using 'Gview - Dynamic' and the curser gets to the edge of the screen, I have to click and start over again. This is really mad.gif bad when using 'T' (Translate) or 'S' (Scale) and back again to 'F' (Free). Any chance the curser could be made to continue beyond the edge of the screen in this function??? This would be really cool. cool.gif

BerTau

quote:

Sorry but other than mastercam and a few other programs I'm pretty much computer illiterate and this is probably a stupid question but , what the hecks a spaceball???????

(I understand ,I can't program the VCR myself.)

A Space Ball looks like a tennis ball that is mounted to a weighted plate. When the operator pulls the ball up ,the part goes up. Twist left and push down,so does the part.You can point to the area's on the part with the mouse at the same time.(using both hands)

It is the same as holding the part in your hand,and point at a feature on the part with your pencil. like when your showing a part to someone,talking and(using both hands.)

Veiw the 3003

web page

[ 03-06-2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Thanks Scott. Sounds like a pretty cool tool to have. Reminds me of a program called freeform that we had a demo of here. They intergeate a pencil suspended on a gimbled arm to 'sculpt' the solid on screen. Looks a lot lot clay. The best part was that the arm actually had resistance to it whan you hit the object on the screen eek.gifeek.gif and felt like you were actually touching the part. Really cool program, wish we could've used it here but at the time they only exported stl files and with the parts that we get it would take a whole day for the part to just load into mastercam let alone toolpath it. Maybe in the future.........