Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC Graphic Post Processor

kwolf

Hi,

I think the current way of modifying a post is very difficult and time consuming , since it's like a programming under C or BASIC. When you look at recent posts in forum ,you see that at least 3-4 posts are regarding problems about post processors in a week. Many CAM packages use the same products like posthaste/intercim, and it seems easier.

We heard that MC was to introduce a new post processor builder which would be graphic and simple to use. I expected it would be shipped with V9 (Post-Haste I think). But as far as I know there's not any new Mastercam Post Builder. Does anybody know whether any new software is coming?

Regards,

KWOLF

Kwolf, PostHast is another post company actually they are friends of mine.

The inventor of the posthaste.

But I know what you are talking about.

That mastercam was working on a separate post maker. At this time there is no info that I know pertaining to this.

Sorry sir.

I forgot to mention that PostHast does work with mastercam.

You can find the link on my links page.

[ 03-04-2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Hi Jay,

I went to their page.

Post-Haste supports CAM packages that have APT like output and including MC tongue.gif . But what I want to know is : Is their software updated for V9? And how can we modify a post with it? Is it graphical? no need for programming? biggrin.gif

We want to modify our posts , please if you know any other packages inform us.

Regards,

KWOLF

Kwolf did you get a chance to look at the Sample looks.

It is vary easy to work with.

If you ge to there Site and E-Mail Paul he will be happy to show you a sample setup for mastercam.

He will be posting today or tommorow all so.

I just got of the phone with him.

I would conseder looking at it.

[ 03-04-2002, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Hey guys -

(Thanks for the good word, Jay [er... um... or is that 'Cadcam'?] :-)

To answer your questions, kwolf...

YES - PostHaste is available for MasterCam, and while we have spoken to several people in the MC distribution chain, we have no formal arrangement with MC (yet). The interest level has increased since PostHaste is now packaged with Gibbs (as it has also been with Surfcam for quite a few years), but individual MC users CAN obtain PostHaste directly from Ground Support.

( www.postPROCESSOR.com )

YES - it is very easy to use! It's based on a template that looks like NC code. (See the site above [or better yet, the link on CadCam's earlier message])... A CNC PROGRAMMER can easily modify a post!

NO - it is NOT 'graphic' (there is no GUI) - and there is a very good reason for this: You don't need or want a GUI to edit NC code, so (since the post template looks like NC code), a GUI would just get in the way and add more confusion. Just use whatever editor YOU want instead. GUIs also suck up more development and support overhead for us. We'd rather spend the time making PostHASTE BETTER and FASTER - not just 'prettier' (...at the expense of also making it more confusing)!

We've got 12 CNC machines in our shop - with machines coming & going all the time. That is why we developed PostHASTE: we need to make PARTS, not spend time messing with postprocessor modifications.

If you've got multiple machines, then PostHaste is a no-brainer. It's definitely the 'better mousetrap'.

Thanks for listening.

With highest regards,

Paul Andrews

Ground Support

805-523-9529

NOTE:

Normally I refrain from posting 'blatantly promotional' messages on this forum, but I felt that the interest expressed (by many forum members) was best addressed via a direct response like this. (Especially since this appears to be a fairly common concern of MC users.) Please forgive me if this was too 'spammy'. We hope that the information above was helpful to you.