Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CIMCO DNC HELP.

Threept82

Hi Guys.

The place I'm at now uses Cimco Dnc to transfer files. I don't know anything about this Dnc system. One of the operators sent back a program from the machine using the incorrect file name so it overwrote an existing file. I'm use to Dnc systems that work on a dnc number that is in the header of the G-Code file and nothing else.

Does or can Cimco be set up to be pulled in to machine using the dnc number and sent it back just by pressing the out or send button from the machine and Cimco automatically recognize the file by the dnc number in the header?

Threept82,

Yes DNC-Max can do what you are saying. You just have to set it up that way. DNCMax is very flexible. Give the guys at Services 4 Automation in MA a call, they are probably the ones that sold it to your company.

What John was getting at (and I assume they set DNCMax to do so) is when an operator makes changes to the program at the control and sends the file back to the DNC system it goes into a different folder so someone with authority can approve the change and replace the original file.

HTH

Steve