Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G91 w/work offsets from translate tp in V8.

P_Scott

Hey all post gurus! I have a customer who has recently updated from V8 to X2. They are still using V8 until they get familiar w/X2. They sent me a post issue that is just bugging me. It seems like there should be something simple I am missing but can't put my finger on it. The porgram calls for them to translate the ops in the Y direction. They have the parameters set to produce new offsets using "Assign New" and tool origin only. The weird part is that the first offset used in the is OK (G55) program but the next offset (G58) has a G91 on the next line. They haven't selected subprograms and later in the same program the G55 also has a G91 on the next line of code. I activated all the Misc Values in the selected operations, which are being copied in the Translate toolpath and the posting shut off.

I know what you're thinking. It's V8. We shouldn't be supporting it anymore. The customer recently updated though and needs to keep stuff going until they're ready to use X2 exclusively. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. cheers.gif

Crazy^Millman,

Here's a sample from the program:

T1M6

M01

T0

M11

G0G90G55B0.

M10

G0G90G55X-4.Y2.S4033M3

G43H1Z.8M8

Z.3

G1Z0.F80.

G41D1X0.F175.6

X19.0313

G40X21.4312

G0Z.8

(FACE TOP)

G58X-4.Y2.Z.8

G91

Z-.5

G1Z-.3F80.

G41D1X4.F175.6

X19.0313

G40X2.4

G0Z.8

(FACE TOP)

G90G54.1P2X-4.Y2.Z.8

G91

Z-.5

G1Z-.3F80.

G41D1X4.F175.6

X19.0313

G40X2.4

G0Z.8

(FACE TOP)

G90G54.1P5X-4.Y2.Z.8

G91

Z-.5

G1Z-.3F80.

G41D1X4.F175.6

X19.0313

G40X2.4

G0Z.8

G28Z0.M19

M01

As you can see Ron, the code does look Absolute in the first section but Incremental in the second and following sections. I activated the Misc Values however and made sure they were all set to produce Absolute code. I suspect this post may have been modified by someone else after Steve changed some minor things in it. Also there's no "*SG91". It's called from the SGABSINC string.

Crazy^Millman,

I hadn't thought to check that box on. I did open the .MC8 in X2 and used the generic 3-axis VMC machine. The code is normal from that machine and post. There're no G91's on the line right after the work offset. That just proves that it works in X2 using all the same parameters in the toolpath but not the same post. I've forwarded this on to Steve and we'll see what he thinks after looking it over. I'll try the swithc though, just trying all possibilities. V8 was a little messed up with the work offsets in a Transform operation if I remember correctly. It could just be that they need to do it in X2 and forget V8. Thanks for your ideas guys. cheers.gif