Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printing invisible lines

Tom Flyer

Our version 9.1 SP2 has been printing extra lines that aren't visible on screen to an HP2500C printer of late. These lines generally go the full length of the paper. I fixed this once by Xform - Translating the page to another area of the screen, but even that isn't working anymore. Any ideas?

Do you possibly have entities that are the same color as your screen background? Try changing levels of all color 0 (black) and then check entities with only that level active. If you see any entities in the list that was it. You could also try changing all color 0 (black) to some other visible color and see if something shows up that way as well. HTH

Steve,

Yes, I have a series of operation sheet borders lined up and I zoom in on each one to print to B-size paper. I'll give that a try. What bothers us is where those lines come from in the first place. I remember some time ago that the Drag function used to leave stuff that you couldn't see, but printed.

As General Halftrack is wont to say: "Now what?"

OK - this bugged me to no end the past few days, so I came in early this morning to try and figure this out, and hooked up my trusty Epson 800 printer to the PC and got a 'normal' printout. Upon further investigation, I learned that one of our wannabe tech wizards (AKA: IT dept) replaced the printer drivers for the HP2500. Apparently, latest ain't always the greatest. I replaced the drivers with the 'old' ones and all was well again.

I would like to kill, crush, and pulverize the IT Dept into oblivion, but I think that may be wrong.

My thanks to Steve and Todd for their interest and replies.

Excuse me while I go take a nap now.