Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post modify

jbert

In the control def, no

What post are you using?

In an MPMaster

You need to go into the peof section of your post add a e$ where you want the line to end and place the rest on the next line

In a MPFAN

It may be different

BAsed on the G92 line right below it that looks like the section at the beginning of the program.

You are looking in the wrong section of the post,

pretract is where you want to be working

Well, eob ; is there, unless someone removed it.

Now the question is does your machine show it and if you are working in an editor does it show it.

On the " seems that is doable I don't know and easy way perhaps someone can offer one but the MPMaster post has a string defined

code:

sdq      '"'  # Contains a Double Quote character

I would think you could add this into your post and then change ALL of your line that have a pbld, n$, yadya, yada, yada, e$

on them, to

sdq, pbld, n$, yadya, yada, yada, e$

but you would have to get them all.

So if someone knows and easier way that might be better

One mill I use adds it.

I have expertdnc, It does not show ; there.

I have a Sodick control that we program manually or do alot of editing. It must have " at the start and end of each line and must have eob; as well or the program will not load into the machine properly.

As far as the eob goes make sure the

Remoce CR/LF at the end of the line is unchecked

and try adding a 59 in the alternate eob that should be the value for and ascii ;

eob.png

Or you could edit the communications parameters for the Sodik so it matches the other machines as a standard.

There should be a couple parameter writes that "strip carriage returns & line feeds"

All my wired machines speak with the same set of parameters - makes it easy to figure out what's wrong when you got a problem.