Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Merging Files

I have two MC9 files one is for my first operation with WCS set to top and geometry created on levels 1 through 8. My next file is for my second operation bottom set to top for WCS and geometry created on levels 21 through 28.

I have already completed all the toolpaths for both files. What I need to do is merge all the geometry from my second operation into my first operation and bring in the toolpaths for my second operation to a new operations group. So in the end I will end up with a single MC9 file. Is there an easy way to do this. I know how to merge the geometry but I'm hoping I do not have to redo the toolpaths. Hope this makes sense. I would appreciate any advice.

Don't have MC here at home but if my memory serves me...Export the operations that you want to merge to a file. Decide which file you want to use and Import operations from the other and say yes to bringing in the geometry and groups. You may have to go thru and regen and make a few tweaks but it should work. Oh by the way check your e-mail. smile.gif

Justin,

There's a couple ways to do this. You can bring in geometry and toolpaths in in one shot if you follow Paul's advice. Just don't forget to select the option to save geometry when exporting from setup one.

If you have already merged the geometry, then you can import the toolpaths directly from the MC9 file (instead of saving to library THEN importing). It's in Job Setup, but I don't remember exactly where. It's been too long since I've seen V9. biggrin.gif

Thad