Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

translating surfaces in Router 8.1.1

Mike Annetts

Hello

I am having trouble translating surfaces with this version. Anyone else having problems? I keep getting an error message and the progrms automaticaly shuts down. Computer is pent 3 450 with 128 ram and lots of space on harddrive. Ihave changed the config file to allow plenty of memory for the program. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

• 1 year later...

Hello and thanks for the reply. I am quite new to surfaces so I can't really tell you if it occurs with one or more that none, etc. I took an online course a couple of years ago with 7.1 and we used multiple surfaces as part of the course with no problem at all. Since then I haven't used them until Router 8.1 on a couple of files and they both shut the computer down. They are not associated with any toolpaths. I just fired up router 8.1.1 and made a rectangle with the surface creation nurbs on. I did not shade it and translated it down an inch with no problem. I turned the shading on and it immediately crashed and shut the program down. Restarted it and did the exact same thing with a parametric surface. Same thing happened when shading was turned on. Fired it up again and opened another file (turntable) on ftp site. Shading was on and it worked okay, Went to trim surface to surface and it crashed immediately as I clicked on the command.

Thanks

Mike

No iI haven't as I am trying to learn it on my home computer with my instructors copy. I do not have time at school to learn the surfacing features of Mastercam so I must do it at home after supper. I have played around with surfaces on a few of the computers at school with no problem. Very simple things like creating a rectangle and translating it but thats about it.

Mike