Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

inventor direct

malibu

xgioser,

First, in Inventor, go to Tools/Addins. Is MastercamDirect there? Is it listed as "Startup/Loaded"? If not, select MastercamDirect and check those boxes at the bottom of the addins dialog

If its not even listed, shut down Inventor, open a DOS-window, and then type the following...

cd mcamx2_mr1direct

regsvr32 MCInventorAddin.Dll

...that will register the .DLL for you and that should be all you need. Now restart Inventor and look in Tools/Addins.

Are you saying that it doesn't even show up in the list in Tools/Addins?

What version of Inventor are you running?

What versions of Mastercam are installed on that computer?

I would recommend doing an Install 'Repair' of X2 MR1. Technically there's no need to even run the MCDirect for Inventor Install, since it does get installed with Mastercam itself.

I just ran the new Mastercam Direct for Inventor (X2 MR1) for a customer and experienced the same thing. I uninstalled the previous MC Direct before I installed the new one. The install goes through (rather quickly it seemed) without any problem, but once we open up Inventor there's no Mastercam Direct listed in the Addins. I haven't tried the procedure for registering the file yet, I'll give that a shot.

Oh and this was with Inventor 11.

I am running MasterCam X2 mr1 and Inventor 11 Pro. Please send me the information also,

I am trying to some simple 1/2 external pipe threads left handed in mastercam and getting no where fast and yes I did say 1/2 inch pipe threads external Left Handed. The only ones I have seen in 34 years of machine work. I dont think the example will be in my basic class for MasterCam coming up next month. frown.gif