Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

duplicate c-planes

JDowe

If I create a c-plane using geometry and then

go to another plane for some ops - when I try

to go back to the orignal plane if I choose by

geometry or by the name - it creates a new plane the same as the original but with a new name - it works but the plane list now contains duplicate names for the same plane - also it wont let me save the first plane I created

Anyone else see this or am I missing something?

How do you create the Cplane?

I do it through the View manager.

Hit the WCS at the bottom right hand side of your screen. Select geom, pick the geom, hit the green tick when you get the XYZ axis correct, name it, hit the green tick.

Now you have a saved named Cplane.

If you did the exact same steps again you will get the exact Cplane but you can not give it the same name.

HTH

Once you've created the plane and saved it you dont need to go back to geometry and select it again to make it active, thru your view manager highlight the plane and click in the c column and t column next to it or use the icons to the middle right and select the tool plane and c plane icons, now that planes active again ready for working with