Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post question

I hear people reccommend that you should always make a copy of a post before you make changes to it. My question is should you just make a copy the post customization file and rename it, or should you also make a copy of the post text file and rename it with the same name as the post customization file.

Thanks again

Justin

If working previous to X, I would back-up the post and the .txt file.

In many cases if the post has been modifies so has the .txt file, you wouldn't want to lose those changes.

In X the post id likely enough however in X2 where control is now being ceded from the post to the machine/control defs more it would be smart to back up t he machine def/control def AND the post.

You cannot be too safe when it comes to a post that is proven and you're simply trying to tweaki it some more.

wink.gif