Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

posting M03 & M08 after M00

Darin

We have a HAAS VFOE and I am using MPMaster post

I was wondering if it is possible to make the post

post a M03 & M08 after the M00.Is there a book or class I could take that would help me understand how post work.

Thanks

There is a manual for editing post processors, and it is available both as books and on CD-ROM. You should contact your local Mastercam dealer if you want that manual.

The change you desire is a change I could make in less than 5 minutes, though I would usually spend 15-30 minutes checking for possible errors in the post processor before sending it back to the customer.

If you're using an mi10 to force out an M00 stop, my version of Mpmaster does output the M03 and the M08:

code:

N445 G03 X3. Y-1. I0. J-1.

N450 G01 G40 Y-2.

N455 G00 Z1.

N460 M05

N465 G91 G28 Z0. M09

N470 M00

N475 G00 G90 X5. Y-2. S1528 M03

N480 G43 H2 Z1. M08

N485 (FINISH OUTSIDE)

N490 Z.1

N495 G01 Z-.25 F12.22

N500 G41 D42 Y-1. F24.45

N505 G03 X4. Y0. I-1. J0.

[ 03-25-2002, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Hi all: Now this may seem like a dumb question. How do you program a M00 in your program ? Normally I have always done it in the editor, it would be nice to be able to do it right on the fly though. Wow a lot of other questions are now racing threw my mind. Can you change tools, orient the spindle, then program stop ? Also with our Fanuc's I manually put in operator messages using #3006=10(load 5" face mill), is this possible ?

Thanks all,

Frank

Thanks Dave it works just like I want it to now

I understand what to do.What Dave is saying to do is use the misc.box in mastercam and put a 1 in the box that says add M00 before operation even if it is the same tool it will post a G03

G08 works great.

Thanks again

[ 03-26-2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Darin ]