Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

moving wcs

doyleg

Not a system one.

You can copy a system one and rename it and do what you need but once it changes you'll have to rename it.

I create WCS origins all the 2 using 2 lines, after I name it, if I have to move it, I just move the lines and they are associative to the new wcs, so it will just move and not ask to be renamed

thanks andrew. i always rotate and transform the original to the top wcs and then change the wcs for other operations on the same part but with a dif view. i'm trying to keep my mc files as small as possible so that i don't have that much of a lag when doing anything (x-form, rotate, saving and on and on).

If my WCS is set to top and I click the WCS button on the bottom toolbar then select rotate WCS It asks me to rename it unless I rotate it to a position that ends up being a named view. For instance rotate about X 90 degrees is the same as the front view. In this case the system automatically sets WCS TO front.

If you rotate a WCS it is my understanding that you will always need to rename it. This is because Mastercam uses a matrix to define its world position including angles.

If you go to the WCS manager right click on any WCS and select info, then you see the information.

For example Top view is....

Name : TOP

Comment :

Origin : X0. Y0. Z0.

Number : 1

Matrix : X1. Y0. Z0.

: X-0. Y1. Z0.

: X0. Y-0. Z1.

Associative : No

Color : 12

Used in toolpath : Yes

Top view at 45 degrees would be

Name : TOP @ 45

Comment :

Origin : X0. Y0. Z0.

Number : 38

Matrix : X0. Y-1. Z0.

: X0.70710678 Y0. Z-0.70710678

: X0.70710678 Y0. Z0.70710678

Associative : No

Color : 69

Used in toolpath : Yes

0.70710678 is the sine of 45 degrees so gather that Mastercam uses the infomation to trig out its world position.