Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NC output precision

gwenmhansen

Your going to need to modify your post. Remember to backup, before making any changes.

Look in the post for "Format Statements". They control the format and number-of-decimal-places.

You can either change the format-statement for each variable or modify the format statement.

Ok I edited the post (for the first time, a little scary) and this process was 99% effective. Everything is posting the way I want except for the J value is still posting with 5 places after the decimal. 12 is the correct fs2 number. The following is what I have changed in my post yet it is still posting with 5 places only for the J values.

fmt I 12 iout #Arc center description in X

fmt J 12 jout #Arc center description in Y

fmt I 12 kout #Arc center description in U

fmt J 12 lout #Arc center description in V

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong. Also thanks for the help. I would have never guessed I had to edit the post and spent my day trying to figure it out.

Check for any newfs command that could be re-assigning a new format to the variable(s) in question.

Look for something like this ->

code:

pq$              #Setup post based on switch settings

if arctype$ = one | arctype$ = four,

[

result = newfs(two, iout)

result = newfs(two, jout)

]

else,

[

result = newfs(three, iout)

result = newfs(three, jout)